So my psychology professor started talking about gender rolls yesterday.
- Her: What if your little girl wants to be a fire fighter for Halloween?
- Me: You buy her the firefighter costume.
- Her: Well what if your boy wants to be a princess for Halloween?
- Me: (a bit louder than last time) You go DRESS shopping.
- And I got the dirtiest looks from her than I ever had in my life as she began explaining the ridicule the kid would endure and I just about lost it
- Me: Well then you take him trick or treating to your friends, people you TRUST not to ridicule your child.
- All of a sudden very protective of this child I don't have, like, respect my imaginary child's life choices ok? He can wear what he wants.